Corporate Securities and M&A Partner Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client is a highly successful and progressive Canadian business law firm focused on strategic growth. The firm features an innovative platform, exceptional support and resources, and excellent partnership prospects. The firm’s prominence and recognition continue to grow, largely due to its commitment to practice excellence and recruiting talented and well-rounded lawyers.
Job Description – Corporate Securities and M&A Partner Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced corporate and securities partner lawyer to join its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist clients across a broad range of industries with a variety of financing, business combination, and merger & acquisition transactions. This is an excellent opportunity for a business-minded and ambitious lawyer seeking to join a first-class and multi-faceted team with a thriving cross-border practice and partnership prospects. The firm offers a unique partner compensation model that rewards performance, leadership, team-building, and other contributions to the firm.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Assist issuers, underwriters, and selling shareholders in domestic and cross-border public and private debt and equity financings, take-over bids, initial public offerings, stock exchange listings, and plans of arrangement.
* Assist private and public companies with a variety of corporate finance matters.
* Assist with corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations, and general regulatory compliance matters.
* Assist with M&A transactions, including take-over bids, plans of arrangement, and corporate reorganizations.
* Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
* LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
* Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
* 7+ years of broad corporate and securities experience.
* Effective practice management and superior client service orientation.
* Ambitious and entrepreneurial nature.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.thecounselnetwork.com.