Lawyer, Financial Services (Senior) Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a leading full-service law firm with strong support and resources, a successful platform, and a client-centred approach. Offering succession planning, excellent partnership possibilities and an established client base, this is a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a successful and congenial team. A book of business is not required.
Job Description – Lawyer, Financial Services (Senior)
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add a Financial Services Lawyer (Senior) or Junior Partner to their multi-disciplinary team of business lawyers in Toronto. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of financial service experience, strong analytical skills, and a superior client-focused approach.
The team offers extensive experience and a comprehensive range of services that includes acquisition and leveraged financing, asset-based lending, bankruptcy, debt financing, cross-border and domestic transactions, negotiating loans and security agreements, real estate lending and leasing, syndicated lending, and more. The successful candidate will act for both borrowers and lenders.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Act on behalf of both borrowers and lenders on a variety of financial services matters, including acquisition and leveraged financing, asset-based lending, bankruptcy, debt financing, cross-border and domestic transactions, loans and security agreements, real estate lending and leasing, and syndicated lending.
* Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
* LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
* Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
* 5+ years of financial services experience.
* Superior analytical, communication, and technical skills.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.thecounselnetwork.com.