Lawyer, Corporate/Securities (Senior) Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client, Koskie Minsky LLP, is a preeminent and progressive law firm located in downtown Toronto. The firm has established a unique position and reputation in the Canadian legal community as exceptional lawyers providing practical and innovative counsel to their clients. Most of the firm’s partners have been recognized by Lexpert and Best Lawyers Directories.
Job Description – Lawyer, Corporate/Securities (Senior)
Koskie Minsky LLP has an immediate opening for a Lawyer, Corporate/Securities (Senior) to join its Corporate Practice. The successful candidate will assist institutional clients on a range of corporate and securities law matters relating primarily to investment activities.
Offering competitive compensation, this is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic firm committed to excellence, diversity, and a rich tradition of ongoing public and community service. Koskie Minsky is committed to and embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion. Members of all equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Advise institutional clients on corporate/commercial and securities law matters with respect to the structuring and negotiation of both direct investments and pooled fund investments, both in Canada and internationally.
* Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
* LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
* Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
* 7+ years of corporate and/or securities law experience at a top-tier law firm.
* Aptitude and interest in pursuing partnership.
* Excellent drafting, transaction organization, and practice management skills.
* Strong business acumen and initiative, as well as leadership potential.
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative and professional team setting.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.thecounselnetwork.com.