Associate Counsel Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with an established organization known for its advocacy, quality education, and high standards.
Job Description – Associate Counsel Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for an Associate Counsel to join its team in Toronto for a one-year term. Working closely with the General Counsel, the successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of corporate/commercial law experience gained at a law firm or in-house, preferably with experience dealing a regulatory body. The ideal candidate will have exceptional research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to work and gain valuable experience with an integral, highly regarded organization.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Review, negotiate, and draft corporate contracts and agreements.
* Draft and revise corporate policies and procedures.
* Provide legal advice, support, and representation to business units.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
* LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
* Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
* 5+ years of corporate/commercial law experience gained at a law firm or in-house, preferably with experience dealing with a regulatory body.
* Exceptional research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.thecounselnetwork.com.