Legal Counsel, Corporate Finance Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
We are working with a highly regarded and established organization, renowned for its commitment to professionalism, integrity, and fairness.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented mid-level securities lawyer seeking to join a leading organization offering work-life balance and a professional and collaborative culture.
Job Description – Legal Counsel, Corporate Finance Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Legal Counsel to join its Corporate Finance team in Calgary. Reporting to the Manager, Legal, Corporate Finance, the Legal Counsel will ensure compliance with securities law and make recommendations on applications for exemptive relief.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Review offering documents and continuous disclosure.
* Make recommendations on applications for exemptive relief.
* Advise staff, executive, and board with respect to the interpretation and application of Alberta’s securities laws as they relate to corporate finance, M&A, and investment funds.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
* LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
* Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
* 4+ years of business law experience at a mid-sized/large law firm or in-house environment.
* Significant securities law experience, including public and private financings, M&A transactions, and continuous disclosure.
* Strong written advocacy skills.
* Ability to succinctly explain complex legal and business matters.
* Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
* Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.thecounselnetwork.com.