Canada's largest home, auto and business insurance company.
At Intact, we offer you more than a career. Working here means you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be supported by an inspiring community who encourages inclusivity and celebrates diversity. You’ll thrive in a culture built on values of respect, integrity and generosity. Here, you’ll have the chance to do your life’s best work while making a meaningful impact. Working here means changing insurance for the better.
This is your opportunity to join Canada’s largest in-house property and casualty insurance Legal team.
We’re looking for an experienced people manager to join our team as a Manager, Legal Claims reporting to the Director, Legal Claims. In this role, you’ll oversee the day-to-day work of a group of lawyers. You’ll be a coach and mentor for career development, engagement and day-to-day activities of a dynamic group of Lawyers.
This is a full-time permanent position that reports into our Robert Speck, Mississauga office.
What success in this role looks like:
- You share our values of respect, integrity, excellence, customer-driven & generosity
- Your litigation expertise and passion for people development will inspire your team to achieve great things
- You’ll grow as a people leader as you create an engaging and positive environment for your team that encourages both professional and personal development
- You’ll collaborate with our Claims leadership team to ensure quality claims management
- Your change management experience will help your teams adapt and navigate the complexities of organizational and process change
- You’re a great communicator; whether it’s a phone call or a presentation, you can do it all and can adapt your approach to your audience
- Your curiosity, adaptability and industriousness will help us transform the customer experience in our legal sector
- Establish, communicate and measure performance objectives for your team
- A continued focus on employee engagement: analyze feedback from different sources (one on ones, regular team meetings, survey results) to identify strengths and gaps and take appropriate actions
- Identify the key talent and empower them with meaningful develop opportunities that will give maximum value both to their career and the organization
- Partner with HR to lead the recruitment process for your hiring needs, including the interview and selection process
- Help your team to understand and apply policies and procedures
- Communicate as you drive change to help your team adapt to new initiatives, processes or workflows
- Assist in the communication with Claims on trial discussions and other complex file related issues
- Conduct regular quality review of legal files for your team and providing guidance, feedback and training as determined by the results
- Compile and analyze statistics and reports while monitoring and predicting legal trends
- Lead or participate in project-based work as assigned by Director and/or VP Legal Claims
Why others have joined our team:
- Career-boosting projects and development opportunities
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- A competitive flexible pension plan including three defined benefit options and one defined contribution option
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account designed to promote an active and green lifestyle. It’s so much more than fitness memberships!
The ideal candidate has:
- LLB or J.D. degree
- A member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario
- Proven project management skills, where you have planned, led, and successfully executed projects
- Experience implementing and driving change by encouraging innovative thinking and changes in an operation
- Experience driving change within a team by helping team members understand and adapt to the change while providing mobilization during challenging periods and energizing everyone towards the common goal
- Experience leading a large team including establishing and measuring performance, providing open and honest feedback and maintaining employee engagement
- An approach to leadership which includes being open and honest, caring for people, driving change, and taking accountability
To apply to this role, please visit our website: https://careers.intact.ca/ca/en/job/IFCOUS13820/Manager-Legal-Claims
To apply for this job please visit careers.intact.ca.