Become a SABA Student Liaison
Are you a student looking to build connections, create networking opportunities, and become involved in the largest South Asian Bar chapter in North America? If so, SABA Toronto is looking for driven and passionate students to fill its Student Liaison positions described below.
All positions will be voluntary for a term of 1 year. All successful applicants will receive complimentary SABA Toronto memberships, recognition on the SABA Toronto website, and access to all SABA – Toronto events. The positions are:
1) Student Marketing Liaison
- Create promotional materials (posters, videos, etc) for upcoming events
- Use various social media platforms (SABA website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc) to bring awareness to upcoming SABA events and initiatives
- Manage various social media accounts to increase the number of followers, engagement and create content
- Ensure the SABA website is kept up to date and remains user-friendly
- Assist with tracking registration for events
2) Student Membership and Advocacy Liaison
- Help to plan and organize events surrounding issues of diversity and advocacy
- Assist in increasing SABA membership with an emphasis of being inclusive to lawyers in all legal sectors
- Assist in maintaining strong relationships with South Asian law associations in the law schools
- Help coordinate advocacy efforts by engaging key stakeholders and remaining on the forefront of emerging issues
3) Student Social and CPD Liaison
- Help to plan and organize Social events with other leading legal organizations in the city
- Assist in working with other organizations to offer meaningful CPD opportunities
- Assist in the development of resources that can be distributed at CPD events
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be a student enrolled in a LLB, JD, or LLM program, and be a member of your school’s SALSA chapter.
Please keep your eyes on this page for our next postings.