Associate, Tax Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a leading full-service law firm with strong support and resources, a successful platform, and a client-centred approach.
Offering an opportunity to grow a multi-faceted tax practice, this is a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a successful and congenial team.
Job Description – Associate, Tax Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Tax lawyer to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have two to five years of tax law experience, including advising on tax-aspects of business succession planning, M&A, corporate reorganizations, and restructurings. Success in this position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong client-focused approach.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Manage a broad and complex tax law practice.
* Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
* Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
* LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
* Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
* 2-5 years of tax law experience.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong client-service orientation and initiative.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.thecounselnetwork.com.