Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer in Peel Region, Canada
We are working with a growing and successful boutique law firm located in the Peel Region. The firm features a progressive and modern platform, a collegial and entrepreneurial-minded team, and an environment that promotes personal and career growth for its associates. The firm serves clients, from individuals to companies at all phases of growth, in the Peel Region and across the GTA.
Offering a lucrative bonus structure, flexibility around work arrangements, and potential for career advancement, this is a tremendous opportunity for an entrepreneurial lawyer to join a successful firm poised for future growth.
Job Description – Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Corporate Litigation to its team. The ideal candidate will have broad civil and/or commercial litigation experience, strong work ethic, and an innovative mindset.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Manage a varied case load of civil and commercial litigation files.
· Handle day-to-day aspects of litigation files, from initial retainer to trial, including research and analysis, litigation strategy, cost management, and client correspondence.
· Draft opinions, pleadings, affidavits, and other legal documents to support motion applications, mediation briefs, pre-trial memoranda etc.
· Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
· Work with senior counsel to ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
· LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
· Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
· 0-5 years of litigation experience.
· Strong work ethic.
· Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
· Excellent verbal and written advocacy skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.thecounselnetwork.com.