Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
The Ottawa office of Norton Rose Canada LLP is currently seeking a Corporate Law Clerk. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Assisting with the preparation of corporate and closing documents for financings and acquisitions and other commercial matters.
- Assisting with the preparation of documents for general corporate matters including incorporations, amendments, continuances amalgamations, dissolutions and other reorganizations.
- Maintaining and updating corporate minute books, both with respect to transactional changes and routine annual matters.
- Conducting minute book reviews and creating summaries.
- Maintaining and updating lists of active and inactive companies.
- Assisting with conducting corporate due diligence.
- Assisting with extra-provincial, business name, partnership and other registrations.
- Performing corporate and PPSA searches and filings.
Skills and Experience Required
- Law Clerk Diploma/Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Understanding and familiarity of corporate statutes (Ontario Business Corporations Act, Canada Business Corporations Act, not-for-profit, non-share capital corporate statutes (Federal and Ontario)) and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of EnAct an asset.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- Writing skills required to draft documents, reports and correspondence.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage conflicting documents.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Please note that Norton Rose Fulbright Canada requires all Firm members to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon arrival to the Firm as a condition of employment. Norton Rose Fulbright has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact TORHR_RH@nortonrosefulbright.com to discuss further.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc are separate legal entities and all of them are members of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply, please visit the Careers page of our website at www.nortonrosefulbright.com. We thank all candidates for their application, but will be contacting only those whom we select to invite for an interview.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any further accommodations during our recruitment process, please contact TORHR_RH@nortonrosefulbright.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.