We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
The Counsel, Marketing and e-Commerce law will provide practical risk assessments and advice with respect to multiple facets of CIBC marketing with a particular focus on the digital marketplace. Provide proactive, effective, and timely guidance, with clear and concise communication to all levels of the business supporting our digital strategy. You will review new marketing offers and front-end/acquisition marketing materials to ensure they are legally compliant with applicable e-commerce laws, the regulations applicable to financial businesses and general marketing principles. You will work closely with internal product and marketing teams to achieve desired business outcomes in a dynamic financial market and support your colleagues within CIBC Canada Legal and the Business in advising on our digital strategy.
How you’ll succeed
- Legal Advice: Providing legal guidance and assessment to support the execution of new marketing campaigns and the development of our digital strategy.
- Judgment & Collaboration: You’ll utilize strong independent judgment, your legal knowledge, and a high level of professionalism in working with teams across CIBC to efficiently execute time-sensitive initiatives while exercising meticulous attention to detail. You’ll create and foster partnerships and relationships across CIBC by facilitating open communication and demonstrating collaboration.
- Business Mindset: You’ll seek pragmatic solutions to issues, and provide practical recommendations and guidance within the organization.
Who you are
- You’re a certified professional. The successful candidate must have been called to the Bar in Ontario. You have 3+ years experience in a regulated industry with some exposure to marketing and e-commerce law. An understanding of regulations applicable to the Canadian financial industry is an asset.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what’s possible.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
To apply for this job please visit cibc.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.