Board of Directors
2016 -2018 Board of Directors
SABA Toronto seeks qualified candidates from its membership to serve on its Board of Directors (the “Board”). Directors must be members of SABA Toronto and in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada; not bankrupt; and not declared incapable by a court anywhere.
Fifteen (15) seats are open on the 2017 Board. Terms are for either one year or two years:
- eight members (8) elected this year will serve on the Board from August 2017 to August 2019
- seven (7) members elected this year will serve on the Board from August 2017 to August 2018
Each Director is eligible for election for two (2) consecutive full terms.
The election of directors will take place by members’ vote at the Annual General Meeting on August 22, 2017.
Interested candidates should submit a statement of interest to sabatoronto[at]gmail.com by July 21, 2017.
Nominees are requested to submit a statement of interest indicating:
- the applicant’s vision for the Board and the organization itself;
- previous involvement with SABA Toronto and/or participation in SABA Toronto events; and
- any pertinent experience (emphasis should be given to previous board experience and experience with equity seeking groups).
Applicants may elect to attach their curriculum vitae to the personal statement. Please indicate clearly if you are seeking nomination for a Two-Year Term or a One-Year Term.
All statements will be posted on the SABA Toronto website, which is accessible by members of the public, and may be emailed to the membership. By providing us with a statement, you are consenting to SABA Toronto’s public posting and other disclosure of this information to its members and the public. After the election, the statements will be removed and deleted.
Immediately after the AGM on August 22, 2017, there will be a board meeting to elect officers for the 2017-2018 term.