Justice Niagara, serves the communities of Niagara South, and is located in Welland Ontario with outreach programs extending to Fort Erie, Crystal Beach, Port Colborne, Wainfleet, Pelham and Thorold.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Bilingual Staff Lawyer to replace one of our current team members who is leaving the clinic to pursue further education abroad.
The clinic’s principle practice areas currently include administrative law in the areas of income maintenance, disability law (ODSP and CPP), WSIB, housing and employment law, basic wills, POA, consumer law, litigation experience will be an asset. Legal team members are also integrally involved in Public Legal Education, Community Development, and other community outreach and partnership activities
This position requires you to possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills as well as superior advocacy and writing abilities in both French and English. You must have a vehicle, and be prepared to travel throughout the clinic’s catchment area. Knowledge of the Niagara area and/or residence in the area will be an asset.
• Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada
• Excellent advocacy and legal skills
• Commitment to providing high quality legal advice and representation to low income and disadvantaged individuals and groups.
• Community Legal Clinic experience an asset
• Fluency in French both written and spoken
• Candidate will be required to pass the LAO French Language Certification
Salary based on year of call.
Start Date: August 15, 2016
Apply in confidence until Sunday June 19, 2016 to:
15 Burgar Street, Suite 100
Welland ON, L3B 2S6