Legal Student (Summer)
Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust is an owner, manager and developer of well-located retail and commercial real estate across Canada. Choice Properties’ strategy is to create value by enhancing and optimizing its portfolio through accretive acquisitions, strategic development and active property management. Choice Properties’ principal tenant, and largest Unitholder is Loblaw Companies Limited, Canada’s largest retailer
We are looking for a Legal Student (May to August) to work with our Legal team based out of our Toronto office located at 22 St. Clair Ave. East. In this role, you will be supporting the team in Leasing, Development, Acquisitions and Corporate matters
– Drafting of renewals, amendments and assignments based on template documents.
Work with leasing representatives to ensure a renewal schedule is created for 2017, 2018, and 2019.
National tenant database to be created.
Assist with the due diligence required for the Vend-In and management of term sheets.
Assist with national lease conversions and lease amendments required for intensification projects.
Management of status of term sheets for 2017 projects between LRE/CHP.
– Lease review and due diligence – As required.
– Assist with benchmarking project for AIF (Annual Information Form), conduct research & analysis and support with documenting property descriptions table.
– Create new property descriptions for Q2 2017 vended-in properties.
– Exposure to project based work any other Board related materials requiring research and preparation (i.e. Board compensation).
What we are looking for?
– Currently enrolled/pursuing Law degree.
– High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
– Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills – able to effectively obtain information and communicate issues and requests to others.
– Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments and build strong working relationships.
– Exceptional organizational skills, and strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please apply within: http://www.choicereit.ca/English/careers